It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

13B port 

1 reply to this topic

#1 Rolled Cambers

• Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

anyone know roughly how to port and polish a 13B engine?
i can get it done professionally, but i want to experiment my self
i know i can stuff it up if not done properly
but hey wats a lil fun?
anyone know anything??
pics?? this that?
any info would be good

#2 berty

• Car:IS200 & JC Cosmo

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

View Post89-s13, on 11 December 2009 - 08:32 PM, said:

anyone know roughly how to port and polish a 13B engine?
i can get it done professionally, but i want to experiment my self
i know i can stuff it up if not done properly
but hey wats a lil fun?
anyone know anything??
pics?? this that?
any info would be good

Probably best to take a look at the tech section on www.ausrotary.com.

Porting is cheap enough if you can remove and disassemble the engine yourself. From there you will need to think about what you need to use your motor for and go from there. With every incremental increase in port size, you are shifting your power band up and making it more narrow so your driving style comes into mind here.

Personally, you can make heaps of power with a good extend / street port and remain legal in terms of emissions and noise. If big power is on the cards then go for a turbo + turbo bridgeport with the exhaust sleeves either enlarged or removed from the housings. (Series 6 or Cosmo housings)

Or if you are made of money and have the time and patience then go with the good old peripheral port. :)

I have a mild/extend port and it is pretty good for cruising / street applications. Next rebuild though I am thinking of going to a larger port, but my car is only a weekend car so drive ability and fuel usage really doesn't factor in :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!