i want to buy a wreck... 

4 replies to this topic

#1 bambintegra

• Car:Integra LS 1991

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

i'm an apprentice mechanic so i dont have a shitload of money and i drive a honda integra at the moment. i really want to buy a repairable wrecked mx-5 or FC RX-7 to fix up and make a project of while im doing it. does anyone know where to buy complete wrecks from?? i live in SA if thats at all important

#2 rsfever

• Car:Subaru Legacy GT-B H , Mitsubishi Lancer EVO III

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

View Postbambintegra, on 30 January 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

i'm an apprentice mechanic so i dont have a shitload of money and i drive a honda integra at the moment. i really want to buy a repairable wrecked mx-5 or FC RX-7 to fix up and make a project of while im doing it. does anyone know where to buy complete wrecks from?? i live in SA if thats at all important

Mate, most likely you've got yourself something already but if not, how would a FD (series 6) 7 be for ya? contact me by PM if you're still looking.

#3 _Dee

• Car:R32 GTR

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

just incase you dont, go check up on sydneygumtree, theres a few FC shells there for cheap and you can just have it shipped over. Perfect for a project as the body condition and paint all neat =)

#4 maiky-s15R

• Car:99 s15 SPEC R

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

I have a 180 wreck ???

#5 cazman

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

Find something in SA, make sure it used to have rego or once youve built it you won't be able to re-register it (assuming you are doing mods etc)

Ebay, these forums, other forums etc etc.
You will be playing the waiting game, in my time I have never seen an MX5 pop up for under 5k let alone a written off one.

Set Pickles auctions as your home page for your browser, and just keep watching it. But everything that touches a wrecker/auction is meant to go back through regency, so its not that great an option IMO. Private sales are the easiest by far.

If you are that keen, download an ebay sniper program to auto search every day for set key words. So when your "mx5 shell" appears it will alert you instantly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!