Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
MX-5 wet carpets on driver side - Hardtuned.net

MX-5 wet carpets on driver side 

4 replies to this topic

#1 silkishuge

• Car:Mazda 6 wagon, RX7 S8 Type RS, Mazda 3 Maxx Sports

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Hi,
My wife drives a 2001 MX-5 soft top which is used quite frequently. Lately, we have noticed that the carpet on the drive side of the car gets wet typically after rain. Up in Sydney, we have been getting more than usual rain fall. I have checked the interior of the car, to determine if the water was coming through the windows or through the roof but the car is always dry every else except for the carpet on the drivers side. I do not know where the water is coming from. The carpet is soaked right through and I had to use a wet vacuum to remove the water from the driver side of the car. I removed approximately 1 litre of water. Water does not appear to have any unusual odour and might be rain water. Can someone please help me determine the cause of the problem?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Jon

#2 horrace

• Car:Nissan C34 Stagea

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

Doesn't smell at all like coolant? Heater core may be leaking

#3 SuperMazdaKart

• Car:93 Familia GTR

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

View Posthorrace, on 13 January 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

Doesn't smell at all like coolant? Heater core may be leaking

I'd say probably the water drainage channels for the roof are blocked. Get under the car to unblock them with a cut lengthened coat hanger maybe.

#4 dustyae86

• Car:toyota sprinter

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

I would suggest your drainage channels for the roof are blocked, so yeh, clear them out, otherwise failing that, your A/c drain may also be blocked, so clear this out too.
7 years of mazda experience :)

#5 Clubmanmc

• Car:MX-5 Clubman one of 186 total production

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

all of the above... the rain gutter on the RHS of my car leaks (but my car is almost 18 years old now,,, and the rubber needs to be replaced....)

M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!