Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
808 Wagon SR20DET Conversion - Hardtuned.net

808 Wagon SR20DET Conversion 

4 replies to this topic

#1 Slydin

• Car:180SX

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Hey everyone

As some of you may know I just downgraded my 180sx from a SR20DET to SR20DE :( Gay yes i know but owell

So now I have this pretty clean not really thrashed stock engine that I need to get of my garage.

My Brother Inlaw has 3 808's 2 wagons in alright condition which he is doing a 13b Conversion to the better one.

His other one is Clean 808 Wagon, it has the standard piston engine in it but its on its way out. So me and him have both seen pictures SR20DET's in 808's and RX3's and we want to fit up my SR20DET.

(YES I KNOW ITS NOT A ROTARY BUT THIS WILL BE HIS DAILY CAR AND THE OTHER WAGON IS HIS BEAST :) )

What parts do we need to do this conversion?

And any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Mike

#2 Slydin

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

anyone?

#3 Noobles

• Car:RPS13 180SX S2

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

You will need custom mounts, tailshaft etc.. Wiring etc..
You will need to plan a budget as well. Also will you be doing the mechanical and electrical or through workshops? That will decide your budget constraints as well.

#4 Slydin

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

View PostNoobles, on 29 July 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

You will need custom mounts, tailshaft etc.. Wiring etc..
You will need to plan a budget as well. Also will you be doing the mechanical and electrical or through workshops? That will decide your budget constraints as well.

we have a family friend with a place (tractor shop) he said we can use anytime 24/7 i have full access, he has all the necessary tools (air compressors, all socket sets, ratchet spanners, impact sockets, shit load of specialized tools) which we have to our selves for how ever long we need it, we just completed a sr20det auto to sr20de manual swap in my car at the same place, and were both second year automotive mechanics. he has the funds, just we think wiring will be the main headache and we wont need a p/s pump or ac compressor :), from what we have gathered we need custom exhaust, tail shaft, relocate shifter (possibly a z32 box with cut and shut sr bell housing), custom braided clutch line, upgrade brakes and sr radiator or mod/run hoses to current one but it is pretty gone being such a old car. ive heard that the sr fits straight in a rx3 x member this true?

is there any sort of kit? anyone else have any other info?

cheers noobles

Edited by Slydin, 29 July 2011 - 11:39 PM.

#5 Slydin

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

project called off due to the bro inlawjust buying a mint 808 wagon.

the sr20det is for sale! take a look

http://forum.jdmstyl...kms-Going-Cheap!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!