Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
F2T turbo/maifold choices? - Hardtuned.net

F2T turbo/maifold choices? 

1 reply to this topic

#1 Anathema

• Car:GD MX6 Turbo

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

hy guys, im just wanting to put soem feelers out there- ive done soem research and foudn out that a turbo upgrade on a F2T will probably require either a custom retro-fit or a manifold customization?
What are my options for this in australia? does anyone have any experience? id like to upgrade to be able to run something t3/4 like a t28 or something
Also, what are my options ECU wise? apparently the F2T has a 10psi boost cut? i cut see the point of getting aslightly better turbo if its restricted like this?
Is it possible to just adjust the fuel-cut/boost restriction and the A/F ratio?
I dont want to spend mega $$, for obvious reasons, and i also cant do much of the work myself.
At some point id liek to be able to push it into high 13's or low 14's.
Also note; i know this isnt the best car to start with, but i love the charm and i picked up a near-mint example and getting another car just isnt on my mind atm.
Cheers x

#2 Tjcuss-tom666

• Car:GV F2T Wagon

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hey Mate, I have recently been doing a fair bit of research on this myself. it seems the easiest way to upgrade the turbo is to buy a full kit like:
http://www.ebay.com....tm/271017120531
This guy also has manifolds that fit the FWD variants.

ECU
For a budget build the best option would be to get your ecu chipped for the setup your running, but, i have had trouble finding someone who can do this in Australia. Another option is to use a megasquirt ECU. These are DIY kits and can be programmed on a standard computer. Some electrical knowledge is required. Also with the megasquirt kit you can use a air temp sensor instead of the factory AFM to eliminate the boost cut.

If your running less than 14psi the standard ecu will handle this.

Dont give up on it, hese things are wicked when you do beef them up just a little even, my wagon scares most commodores and imports around.

Peace. Tom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!