Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Just bought a MX5 - have some questions.. - Hardtuned.net

Just bought a MX5 - have some questions.. 

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 j-sx

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

hey guys,

newbie to mazdas here, just bought a 90 eunos roadster spec v .. 116000 original km's, auto.. good service history & for it's age in decent nik chassis/paint wise etc.

it will be our (my wife) daily commute.. she can't drive manual. but the plan is to eventually be my train station car with track duties..manual conversion & potentially new powerplant if funds/life permits?! ive never owned a mazda before, having owned a s15 for 5+ years & thought that it's handling was smooth & unbeatable..i was wrong, the mx5 is very neutral & 'chuck-able' ..it literally put a smile on my face when we test drove it.

i havent had too much time to research the car in detail but wanted to know:

- good fluids to use (oil, gearbox, diff, coolant etc)
- decent break pads for daily use (i.e not too noisy or release break dust)
- any good mechanics to recommend around the western syd area that knows these cars?

at the moment there is a leak on the crank case front & back, the seals need replacing.. so ive been told the gearbox needs to drop out which would cost 500 big ones..

any info would be great will post some pics soon hopefully..

Jas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!