Sign in to follow this  
Tommybbizzle

ECU choice

Hey there,

I am in the process of choosing a new ECU for my s14 series 2 running an sr20 with 354kw. At the moment I have a powerfc but want data logging and some form of dash to monitor everything rather then have several gauges. Ive never had an issue with the powerfc so I am in the toss up between the haltech elite 1500 and running the haltech racepak dash.

I am wondering if you guys have had any issues with the haltech elite or any haltech for that matter as I have heard they are not very stable with the timing and firing signals etc and back firing through the intake. Just want opinions and thoughts and personal experiences with them. They look to be a good ECU but I would rather hear from you guys first and how on edge you have yours tuned to.

So all feedback welcomes, cheers guys.

I have had issues with crank triggers with PS1000 ECU's and Haltech have replaced the ECU's as they found faults.

In saying that - as of recent been using the Link/Vipec ECU's over the Haltech and have had a great run with them... I find it to be a much better ECU overall.

You can still use a Haltech dash or RacePak with the Link/Vipec ECU's as well.

Just my $0.02c

If you are having issues with factory cas for timing get a crank trigger kit and use factory cas for sync.

Link/vipec can do this and have onboard data logging, use a DI setup to turn it on and off.

• Upvote 1

Yeah okay, could be an option. Any idea how to run or wire in a racepak dash if I decide to keep the powerfc. Powerfc hasn't caused me an issue just lack of control on the little things like thermo fan switches etc

You can run the dash but you need all the sensors and hubs and cables. Its cheaper to swap to the ecu and plug dash into it.