Sign in to follow this  
tsurikawa.

RX7 FC info

At the moment I'm looking into buying a series 4 rx7 (non turbo) but i really dont know anything about rotaries accept that i love them :wub: . I've heard of people saying that they require alot of maintenance and they are hard to look after/alot of problems can arise and was wandering what you guys think. Any help would be much appreciated thanks :)

Its more that your question has been covered soo much already ppl just get sick of repeating themself (though I know the search function is less that helpful).

Its like any other engine. Buy a shit one and it will break, buy a well looked after one and you will have many years of fun rotor driving.

yeah i used the search feature but didn't unearth anything relevant, thanks for the reply though, think i found out what i wanted to know

www.ausrotary.com

try search on a forum that has lots of info on them

thanks very much for the link Xris ;)

if your in northern suburbs, ill take you for a spin.

oh and its a fc s5 turbo over 200rwkw.

my rotor came from jap, ive done 30,000k's on it myself, leaing it just under 120,000k's. hasnt skipped a beat and a compression test confirmed its still strong!

i just service oil, plugs and filter every 5 thou k's and have the radiator flushed atleast once a year and always before summer.

my opinion is that rotors will last as long as you take care of them, not just abuse them all the time and not maintain.

i had 4 yrs no probs outta my engine.. then sold the car.

loved it!

would buy again!