Sign in to follow this  
Dono1979

Wide Body S15 - Nyx

Hi all,

Just thought I would post some pics of my S15 going from a trashed front end/left side to a custom wide body. The wide body was planned for a while but the start date got brought forward when I hit some oil in the wet with some tyres that were badly in need of being replaced (I know, learnt the hard way).

Over the past couple of months we have slowly put it back together and started doing the modifications which include:

Tinted windows

Smoked LED Tail Lights

J Racing Carbon Fibre Vented Bonnet

JDM Steering Wheel (old one was wrecked in the accident)

APEXI Pod Filter

Trust T518z Turbo

Trust Type S Coil overs with elec dampner

Trust Spec LS intercooler

Custom built 3" split exhaust with 4.5" cannons

GTC Face 2 19"x10.5" -1 front, 20"x10.5" -7 rear

1855mm GT wing

Rear Diffuser

J Racing Wide Body Kit

- Front Bar

- Front Quarter panels (around 65-75mm)

- side skirts

- Rear Quarter panel (around 85mm)

Once the bodykit is on the car will get a respray, black with a subtle red zarelic over the top with some Japanese Kanji airbrushed onto the doors. That will do until next year when we will start on the interior and some more engine work.

For those who were going to ask, Nyx is the greek goddess of Night, kinda got hooked on Greek mythology for a while there and the name really stuck.

Cheers

Dono

post-58718-1225178902_thumb.jpg post-58718-1225178917_thumb.jpg post-58718-1225178927_thumb.jpg post-58718-1225178892_thumb.jpg

Update as of 08/11

post-58718-1226105469_thumb.jpg post-58718-1226105477_thumb.jpg post-58718-1226105486_thumb.jpgpost-58718-1226105473_thumb.jpg post-58718-1226105482_thumb.jpg

Update as of 11/11

post-58718-1226383867_thumb.jpg post-58718-1226383859_thumb.jpg post-58718-1226383874_thumb.jpgpost-58718-1226383882_thumb.jpg post-58718-1226383890_thumb.jpg

Update as of 23/12

post-58718-1230037334_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037337_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037340_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037344_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037347_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037350_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037354_thumb.jpg post-58718-1230037357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dono1979

gahhhh pics of the wheels test fitted?

also IMO 45mm front and 50mm rear guards should suffice

wowwwww

cant wait to see those wheels on, musta cost a pretty penny for those sizes

:huh: Thats gonna be one widebody

Cant wait to see the finished product

good work so far man,

I'll be watching this build I reckon :P

The rims have finally been fitted so went out to the work shop and took a few more shots before they started final fitting of the rear quarter.

Defintely doesn't need spacers, if anything the front quarter still needs to be pushed out another 5mm-10mm.

If all goes well they will modify the kit as needed over this weekend and do a final fitting on Monday which will include the side skirts and rear diffuser, plus the removal of the stock spoiler and welding the holes up. Painting should start by mid to late next week, then its just the fitting of the wing, installing the intercooler and adjusting the ride height.

With luck be picking it up next weekend or early into the following week.

Cheers

Dono

sick sick sick, thats the definition of offset! Those front gaurds are huge and the wheels fill the to perfection, you obviously did you mesurements.

Ok now things are really starting to fly along. The rear quarters are test fitted and photos have been updated. They completely transform the look of the car.

Just gotta arrange for a new fuel cap setup before the kit can be fully attached, once that happens in the respray and then fitting of the diffuser and wing. In the meantime they are fitting the inter cooler, turbo and coil overs to see how far we can drop the car. The front is gonna be interesting as we might need to machine the rims down a couple of mm to allow a better turning ability.

Hopefully everything is on track to have the car fully finished (for this year anyway) by end of next week.

Cheers

Dono

what rear bumper and side skirts are u going to use to blend with the massive wide guards?..

or will it be custom?

The entire kit is done by J Racing and is based off the one originaly made for the Autosalon Drift car, the one going onto mine is slightly modified in a few places. The side skirts will be on shortly and I will post some pics, the rear diffuser will help balance the rear end out, as well the wing, though there is minor alterations happening to the rear bar itself.

Cheers

Dono

daaaaamn, this is gunna look bad ass when its done :wub:

willl look mad in black, cant wait for paint to go on :ph34r::drool:

can i get some more pics of the exhaust under the car?

looks good its massively wide now sure it will still fit in a standard garage? :lol:

can i get some more pics of the exhaust under the car?

looks good its massively wide now sure it will still fit in a standard garage? :lol:

I will try and get out to the work shop over the next couple of days take some shots under the car before the diffuser goes on.

Cheers

Dono

Theres widebody,.....then theres this thing!!!!! pretty damn awsome!

Im lookng at the pictures waiting for the transformer sound *chi cha cho chu* and for it to stand up and start bashing buildings..

Transformer....S15 in disguise...

Nice work Donno, cant wait to see it next weekend and go for a cruise.

glass buddy, like glass.

(STILL SCARED BY 57F pro's out of production)

sorry if i missd it mate but pleasee tell more your getting different zorst go flutes :)

not a fan of cannons an 2 on a s15 doesnt look right

Only 10.5 all round :huh: thought you wouldve went wider wheels with such a huge widebody

Only 10.5 all round :huh: thought you wouldve went wider wheels with such a huge widebody

There is a long story with the rims, but short version is a couple of deals fell through and these were the only GTC's with roughly the right offset and size we wanted which we could get in time. I'm happy with them though, considering it is a daily drive I didnt want to go too rediculous, though I might have already crossed that line.

With luck the body kit has been fully fitted and preped for painting by today, the turbo and intercooler will have gone in. The car gets sprayed tomorrow, airbrushed and then the Wing, Diffuser, eyelids and mesh gets fitted. Friday they will play with the ride height a little, put the JDM sterring wheel in and give it an interior detail, then it is off to Melbourne for the weekend.

Hopefully be able to upload some pics over the weekend of the finished product.

Cheers

Dono

thats almost too widebody, looks off, your car tho man, kit looks like it fits well... but not my cup of tea..

Cars finished i think...... Just waiting for my m8 to get back from overseas so he can take some pics of his car!

Cars finished i think...... Just waiting for my m8 to get back from overseas so he can take some pics of his car!

Yep, the car got finished three days after I flew out of the country! :-(

Jerry from J Racing took the car up to Auto Salon just gone and took a few pics for me.... kind of frustrating that thousands of people got to see my car before I did, lol.

I have updated the photos on at the start of the thread, I will take some more pics when I get home and have a look for myself, will also try and get some of the exhaust and diffuser.

All in all I am pretty happy with the pics so far and am looking forward to seeing the end product in the flesh so to speak, if anyone saw it at the show and has any comments/thoughts please let us know.

Cheers

Dono